Sunday, March 13, 2011

Getting "back out there"

Well, I did it! I went for a run yesterday. And all I have to say today is...OMQ (Oh my quad!)

Thanks to those who commented yesterday. I know that my feelings were valid. I was just enjoying having a little pity party for myself, ha ha. But the baby and I both took a little nap mid-morning, and then I was feeling ready to run a little in the afternoon. Derek and I took Lorelei to the Rocky River Reservation (my favorite place to run), and he pushed her in the stroller (walking) while I alternated running with walking.

View Larger Map

We were out there for about 35 minutes or so, and I didn't really keep track of how far we went. It was somewhere between 2 and 2.5 miles. Good enough for me!

Afterwards, we stopped at Robeks for my favorite post-run treat: an acai smoothie. Mmmm. That put me in a good mood the rest of the day.

We just took it easy at night, and watched some Grey's Anatomy on Netflix on Demand. I forgot how good that show used to be in its first couple of seasons!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Saturday. Oh, and I guess we lost an hour today, which sorta sucks, but whatevs!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm glad that you had a good run. I had to laugh at OMQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!

    Yeah, I got a good laugh out of OMQ too. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Just found your blog after you found me on Twitter. Aside from eating and cooking, I run too (I just blog about food). Looking forward to getting caught up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete