Thursday, March 3, 2011

"Five months? That's like, almost half a year!"

That's what my sister-in-law Alida said when she heard that Lorelei was going to turn five months on March 3 (which is, in fact, today). I truly can't believe this. Five months is still sort of like four months. But six months! That's definitely old.

I must say, I haven't really missed going to work during this time. I do consider myself very lucky that I have had the opportunity to take time off during Lei's first year with us. But I have been itching to do something more (which is why I have started writing more regularly for CliqueClack TV). Well, teaching is probably out of the question for now, unfortunately. Not only because the craziness in Wisconsin is heading over here, but also because I just don't think I'm ready. Actually, maybe that's just an excuse because I think I won't be able to find a job. Hmm. I don't know. I'd say, right now I don't feel ready, but if an excellent opportunity presented itself, I would probably go for it.

I also recently joined Barefoot Books as an Ambassador, where I can sell children's books, artwork, and music independently and make commission. Honestly, this sort of thing is a bit overwhelming to me, but I'm going to give it a try. When we were at Ryan and Casey's wedding in February, Derek's friend Maureen, who works at Barefoot in the Boston area, suggested this when I said I wanted to try working from home. Given my background in education, and my English degree, I think this is a great thing for me to be doing. It was started by a couple of moms who wanted to be home with their kids.

Anyway, if any of you who are reading want more info on Barefoot Books, or would like to buy something for your kids, please comment below or send me an email and I'll be happy to help you. And if you know any teachers, educators, parents, etc. who you think would be interested, please let them know too!! Thanks! :)

Here's a recent Lorelei pic from this past weekend:

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Those eyes! :) Are they really that blue or is it the photo? She is BEAUTIFUL!

    Good luck on your Barefoot Books endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, 6 months is "old"! My little guy just turned four months and I already feel like he is all grown up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! Yep, Pam, those are her true blues!!! Lucky gal.

    ReplyDelete