Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Weight Watching

Hmmm...I'm sitting here trying to decide whether or not to re-join Weight Watchers again.

This would be the third time, and I've had major success with the program the two other times I've been on it. Both times, thankfully, it didn't take me too long to get to a "Good weight" (i.e., the point where I feel like I like the way I look; I fit into my "goal jeans;" and the scale just....stops going down. Ha ha.) The first time it took about six months, the second, three (but I had significantly more weight to lose the first time).

The last time I did WW was from March-June(ish) of 2009.

This time, just like the last, I am just looking to lose about 10% of my body weight.

And there's a meeting today, somewhat nearby (or at least, close to Derek's office, so I can probably drop Lorelei off with him for the meeting).

The reservations?
1 - I am not sure if I have enough pumped for today, so I might have to take Lorelei to the meeting (not really wanting to do that). But that's just one day.
2 - I am not sure that I am "ready" to start a diet yet...well, I shouldn't say "diet," because it really isn't about depriving yourself, just restricting amounts and becoming more aware of things...I do know that I get a bunch more points because of breastfeeding. Hooray! But still, I can't even deal with getting dressed these days. Can I deal with making sure I'll have healthful meals each day?
3 - I don't really want to spend lots of money.

Well, I guess I can make this decision when it feels right. There's a 12:15 meeting each Tuesday, so if not today, then maybe next week?

The thing is, I KNOW I'll feel better if I lose some extra weight. But it's just hard to take that step right now. It really is a good time, because Derek just recently started a diet too...arg! Why am I arguing with myself over this? Ha ha. I think partially, it's because I'm sort of a slave right now to Lorelei's schedule. She is napping right now (thank god), so everything depends on when she gets up and when she eats, etc. etc. ARG!

Ok, I need to think about myself here too.

Any moms out there join (or re-join) WW post-partum? How did it go? I'd love to hear how the program works with breastfeeding and/or just raising a newborn. :)

1 comment:

  1. I did WW a few years ago and it was great. Don't have any advice about doing it PP, but man, I really need to start eating better too. Gotta drop this last bit of baby weight!

    ReplyDelete