Being home again feels good. My own bed with my own pillows. My own shower and clothes that don't come out of a suitcase. All of Lorelei's stuff at hand instead of in bags. And she gets to "sleep" (ha ha) in her own crib too, instead of a pack and play! (Although she does enjoy the pack and play.)
Well, I guess it's 2011! What?! And time for some "ideal situations" (I wouldn't dare call them resolutions, and I really don't even want to call them goals, because then if they're not met, then they're just disappointments).
My Ideal Situations for 2011
- Get the hang of this whole baby thing. Or at least get a little better at balancing no sleep with all I have to do during the day.
- Run more races. A 5k to start, some 10ks, and 1-2 half marathons.
- IF and only IF I get into the NYC Marathon lottery, consider doing that one (or perhaps defer for a year).
- Lose some/all of the "baby weight." Ideally: 15 pounds. But I'd settle for 10.
- Blog more. I like it, and don't usually give myself time to do it.
- Meet new people in the Cleveland area (ideally, other moms and/or runners).
- Look into a career change. That one, I have only recently been thinking about. Not to say that I definitely want to go back to school right away, or that I even definitely want to leave teaching, but...I want to consider other options, especially since I feel like I started teaching spontaneously (NYCTF program after college) without having a lifelong desire to do it. And I'm not totally sure that's what I want to do for the rest of my life. So anyway, I want to explore my options this year.
Here is a recent picture of Lorelei (although, seriously, there are SO MANY from over the holidays that it was hard to pick just one!):