Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Just so no one starts to worry

Updates:
-Great Thanksgiving weekend
-Ate EVERYTHING.  More than once.
-Was able to run every day from Thursday - Sunday.
-Starting to feel ready to end "recovery." Looking at a race this weekend (5k) -- we'll see how it goes...as today, Dec. 1, marks my one-month-after-the-marathon date and I am allowing myself to race again.
-Got offered more hours at work, putting me at pretty much full-time!  It feels good to be working more.

On Tap:
-Starting my new part of my job today with more responsibility.  A little nervous.
-Hot yoga with Claire tonight - LATE - 8:30-9:30 at Inner Bliss.
-Catching up on all my DVR from last week because Derek is out of town until Thursday.

Overall:
-Happy!  Usually the winter months bring gross feelings, lethargy, overeating, and sadness my way.  But I am trying to stay on top of my working out (and, to some extent, my eating habits although I kind of always need to eat more in the winter for whatever reason) and doing things to relax myself.  I am also trying to just "roll with it;" the cold weather and the tired feelings will eventually pass.  We need rest and recovery too, and winter is a good time to allow ourselves to rebuild in order to be active and strong for the spring.  In fact, this article in December's Runner's World magazine gives some good ideas for how to maintain a certain level of fitness, while also giving ourselves a well-deserved break from hard training.  (And it speaks well to one of your comments from my "No Running" post -- thanks, Jen!)

Have a great rest of the day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Congratulations on the increase in work time!

    ReplyDelete