Sunday, November 8, 2009

RICE = Really Irritating Cessation of Exercise

Ha ha.  Oh, RICE, the acronym that every runner loves to hate.  Did 35 minutes on the bike and 10 on the elliptical, using mostly my arms on the latter to avoid undue stress to the foot.  On my way back from the "gym" (I say that in quotes because it's not really a gym, but rather, a basement of another building with a few machines and weights that my landlord lets me use for free), I was trying to come up with funny alternative acronyms for RICE.

Really
Irritating
Cessation of
Exercise

Radical
Immobility
Creating
Emotions

Reading!
I've
Completely forgotten you
Exist!

and so on.  Post your funny ones here if you wish!

Also, I need to share this redonkulously cute picture of my parents' dog with my cousin's dog.  Cody looks like an actual MUPPET!


2 comments:

  1. I love your alternative acronyms lol

    I really like your blog! how long have you been running, I am a newby as I am sure you realized while reading my blog! I too have become obsessed with running blogs. I feel like they help me stay motivated, especially when I get comments from veteran runners lol

    WOWZA congrats on the 30 lbs!! Thats amazing. That is actually my long time goal. If i dropped 30 I would be in the normal range for my age/height/weight. It is nice to hear that it is difficult, that way I know I am not the only one having a hard time! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am now a follower on yours, I really love your writing style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sam! I am really looking forward to reading more of your blog. I feel like such a running nerd this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete