Thursday, November 12, 2009

Invincible (and other great running songs)

I had a very enjoyable, almost pain-free 4-miler this morning!!!

The pain stayed somewhere around a level 2 out of 10.  I even (tentatively) jogged up the hills.  Am still icing the foot as we speak, and keeping to the every-other-day plan, until I feel no pain at all.

But how great did that feel...and the weather was again, perfect.  We are getting lucky in old Cleveland town...as this video jokes, "We see the sun almost three times a year!"

At one point, I thought to myself that I felt invincible.  A silly thought, yes, but it's the little things that make you feel like you're back in the groove.  I wouldn't consider myself fully there yet, but today's run helped a lot.

Towards the end, I flipped through my "Ultimate Running Songs" mix on my ipod to end on a strong note...and thought about my top running songs--those favorites that I come back to again and again when I need a mental boost.  I decided to post them here.  Enjoy!

My Favorite Running Songs (in no particular order)

Move Along - All American Rejects
Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
Let's Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas (actually, I listen to the "other" version...sorry mom :)
Breathe - Michelle Branch
Lose My Breath, Independent Woman Part 1, Survivor - Destiny's Child
Separate Ways, Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
Burning Heart, Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna
No Easy Way Out - Robert Tepper
Born to Be My Baby, Livin' on a Prayer, You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi
One Step at a Time and Tattoo - Jordin Sparks
Just Dance, Poker Face - Lady Gaga
The Climb - Miley Cyrus
Who Knew - Pink
Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolf
Call Me When You're Sober - Evanescence
I Don't Want to Be - Gavin Degraw
This is How a Heart Breaks - Rob Thomas
B.O.B. - Outkast
Miss Murder - AFI
Maneater - Nelly Furtado
Little House - The Fray
Beat It, Thriller, Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson
I Don't Wanna Be In Love - Good Charlotte
Whine Up, Run the Show - Kat DeLuna

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for (nearly) pain free running! It sounds like you're on the mend.

    Thanks for the song list. I love trying out new songs for my runs. We have a couple of the same songs. I love Don't Stop the Music. It was in my head during my last 5k. I think the beat is the perfect tempo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good songs! And I totally know what you mean about feeling invincible and how great that is.

    I also totally hear you on the peanut butter addiction *thoughtfully chewing bite of chunky peanut butter sandwich* yet I see no reason to cut back. None whatsoever. Nope!

    ReplyDelete