Friday, August 7, 2009

Stuff to eat and stuff to wear

Well, I promised I'd show you pictures of the stuffed cabbage. Here it is!!!

Before I put it into the oven:



After I took it out (almost looks the same...)



And being enjoyed by Derek!!!

The entire reason I made this dish was because we got a head of cabbage in our Fresh Fork package this week (oh, and because sometimes I like to remember that I'm of Polish descent). It tasted awesome, although it took FOREVER to make - lots of prep involved and then an hour in the oven. Nonetheless, it was delicious and kind of fun to make, and now I have lots of leftovers - which reminds me, I should heat some up for lunch. (By the way, you can find the recipe I used here.)

In other news, my friggin' Camelbak hydration backpack was stolen off my steps yesterday, while it was "airing out," (haha) sooo I had to get a new one. Ended up going with an Amphipod Profile Lite 32 with two 16-oz bottles and a pouch to store keys, gels, etc. Will try it out on the long run (14 miles!) tomorrow morn.

What I won't be trying out on my long run are my new Saucony Fastwitch 3s that I picked up today for racing/speedwork. I know it's probably not NECESSARY, but I do love that extra "light, speedy" feeling that a lightweight shoe provides. Maybe it's all in my head, I don't know. For the past year I have been using the Brooks Trance 8 for 5Ks and intervals, which are AWESOME but now they have the 9s out and...well, like with the Asics 2140s, it's just not the same.

Part of the reason I went to Second Sole and got myself this stuff today is because I've been feeling a bit down lately...still jobless! So I'm a bit bummed. Nothing a little running/retail therapy (oh, and did I mention a mani/pedi?) can't fix. ;)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks really yummy! What's in the filling? I have a Croatian friend who adds sauerkraut to the meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leslie! Thanks for reading! Other than my mother, you might be my only reader. The filling has ground beef, ground pork, cooked rice, onions, garlic, an egg,a splash of red wine, parsley, and some tomato paste. The sauce for the top is a sweet and sour tomato sauce you make with sugar and vinegar. :)

    ReplyDelete